Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who’s bright idea was this?

I’m going to be honest with you; I’m not a writer. In fact, I’m fairly certain my choice to pursue mathematics in college was at least partially motivated by my severe loathing of term papers. To put it in terms you may understand better, writing the three paragraphs for the “About Me” page amounted to a 4 hour torture session. So why, you may ask, would I even want to write a blog?

To put it simply, I love making costumes, accessories and other crafty stuff. Back when I lived in Kansas City I always had tons of friends that I could share my sewing projects with. I would hang out and talk about how excited I was about a new project, or rant about how frustrating it is when you can’t find the perfect fabric. However since the move to Oklahoma, I’ve found that IM and phone conversations just aren’t the same.

Thus, a blog.

Really my distaste of writing was the only thing keeping me from starting one sooner. I read dozens of these sewing blogs every week, and have always enjoyed following other peoples craft lives. I only hope people would enjoy reading about mine.

I’m going to start this blog by revisiting a few of the projects from the past year and a half or so, but I’m so booked with new upcoming work that I’m sure I’ll have ‘In Progress’ content very soon. So stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment